[Beginner] Help setting up development environment

Hello. I’m new to haskell (just finished the scheme in 48 hours tutorial to get started). I tried setting up IHP based on official guide, but my VSCode extension doesn’t seem to like it. I installed direnv, Haskell, and Haskell HSX. I get this error when opening a haskell file

cannot satisfy -package ihp
    (use -v for more information)

and this error in the notification thing pops up

Error condition, please check your setup and/or the [issue tracker](https://github.com/haskell/haskell-language-server/issues): 
Couldn't load cradle for ghc libdir.
  Cradle error: CradleError {cradleErrorDependencies = [], cradleErrorExitCode = ExitFailure 1, cradleErrorStderr = ["Error when calling cabal exec -v0 -- ghc --print-libdir","","Error: cabal: Could not resolve dependencies:\n[__0] trying: App-0.1.0.0 (user goal)\n[__1] unknown package: ihp (dependency of App)\n[__1] fail (backjumping, conflict set: App, ihp)\nAfter searching the rest of the dependency tree exhaustively, these were the\ngoals I've had most trouble fulfilling: App, ihp\n\n"]}
  Root dir path: /home/sms/Documents/Projects/Haskell/blog
  hie.yaml path: 
  Cradle: Cradle {cradleRootDir = "/home/sms/Documents/Projects/Haskell/blog", cradleOptsProg = CradleAction: Cabal}

The dev server does start fine, though. I’d appreciate any help.

Can you check that the Haskell plugin in VSCode is getting HLS from the path?

Ah yes, that appears to have fixed it. Thank you